Canon 5D Mark III - Image on seperate Cards

qDslrDashbord error reports
Aquablue71

Canon 5D Mark III - Image on seperate Cards

Post by Aquablue71 »

Hi,

i got my device yesterday and start playing around with it.
I am using a Canon 5D Mark III together with an IPad 2 and the latest Version of qDSLRDashboard.
So far everything seems working fine. Of course i have to get used to the App to be more professional with it.
But i found some strange behavior. I set my camera to shot RAW and JPG an separate Cards (RAW on CF, JPG on SD).
Now when i make a Image (regardless if i start from the cam or from the App) the App transfers both files. As you can imagine this can take a while (not really working for shootings). So far i did not found any option to tell the app just to get the JPG. After a while i changed my cam settings, that everything will be stored on one card (not the best solution for a good shooting. With this option it is not possible to hand out the images very fast). That seems working now. After changing that i got just the JPG images, but no RAW anymore. After changing the resolution to S i got the images in a few seconds. So this seems like working. But on long terms i would prefere to have my images on different cards.
Did i setup something wrong or is this feature not working correctly right now on Ipad?

Thanks for the help
Regards
André
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Canon 5D Mark III - Image on seperate Cards

Post by hubaiz »

Will check this.
Unfortunately Canon does not provide documentation for developers and only have the 650D for testing and it only have one card slot.
Aquablue71

Re: Canon 5D Mark III - Image on seperate Cards

Post by Aquablue71 »

would be great :)
If i can help you with anything let me know.

But i have additional Problems with a Crashing app. I will create a second ticket for that.