WU-1a

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
emk

WU-1a

Post by emk »

HI,
I have a Nikon D7100 and qDslrDashboard (OS X) connects OK with a usb cable, but fails to connect wirelessly (WU-1a). I can connect to it with iPad and my mac sees the adapter and connects if selected, but qDslrDashboard shows "Failed to connect WU-1a..." Is this yet supported at all with the OS X version and what its the right way to connect?
Cheers,
emk
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: WU-1a

Post by hubaiz »

Yes it is.
Is your mac connected to your home network?
If yes is your home network in 192.168.1.0 address range?
emk

Post by emk »

Hi,
The mac is connected to home network and my Asus RT-N66U DHCP gives clients addresses in the 192.168.1.x range. The router does not see the WU-1a as a client, but the iMac (wired router connection) sees it and seems to be able to directly connect to it, but qDslrDasboard cannot see it. The router is set to WPA-Auto-personal TKIP-AES (WPA-PSK key set ). I have tried to connect the WU-1a with WPS (pressing the small button), but with no result. Do you have a pointer to WU-1s indicator led information?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

There is an IP address conflict.
The WU-1a adapter has 192.168.1.1 as IP address and I presume your home router to.
It will work if you disconnect your mac from your home network or if you put your home network into another IP address space.
As far I know there is no way to change the WU-1a IP address.