Share Connection - using two tablets at the same time?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
michael

Share Connection - using two tablets at the same time?

Post by michael »

Hello,
I didn't understand the feature "share connection".
I want to be able to use two tablets at the same time to review the captured images.
Camera is connected with an usb cable to an TP-Link Router with to ddserver.
I connect qdslrdashboard with the camera on the ddserver.
But when I connect with a second tablet/qdslrdashboard, the connection from the first tablet get lost.
When I activate the option share connection, it is the same.
I could only see the captured images on one tablet, but not on two (ore more) at the same time.
Is it possible and what have I to do?
Thank you.
Michael
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Share Connection - using two tablets at the same time?

Post by hubaiz »

'Share Connecion' allows to use a DSLR connected to one instance of qDslrDashboard from another qDslrDashboard instance running on another device.
GonzoG

Re: Share Connection - using two tablets at the same time?

Post by GonzoG »

"Share connection" is for using device as remote access - e.g. using phone like MR3040 and you control camera from another or connect camera(s) to PC and you control of them from smartphone/tablet connected to same network.

You cannot control camera from 2 different devices simultaneously so you cannot review photos on 2 also.

For viewing photos on 2 devices you need to share (network sharing) folder with downloaded photos and access this folder from second device.
It works good but not automatically, so you need to refresh on second device manually. I'm using this when taking photos with phone and reviewing them on laptop.
In this case I'm using "Samba Filesharing for Android" to share android folder so windows could see it.
There are also apps that allow sharing files between Android devices.