camera not detected on Android {lollipop) Nikon d7100

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
albertrius

camera not detected on Android {lollipop) Nikon d7100

Post by albertrius »

hi,

I'm trying to manage my Nikon d7100, with qDslrDashboard via the USB connection (with the OTG) connector. The tablet is a Nexus 7 (2012) with Lollipop.

when connecting the USB cable to the tablet, the pop up message appears and after selecting qDslrDashboard application it is launched, but nothing happens on the app. black screen with the connection icons on the top, but the camera is not detected.

Checking the cable, connecting a pen drive to the OTG cable, it's detected correctly on the tablet. Also the application detected correctly the camera when running qDslrDashboard on Windows.

I don't know what else to try. All suggestions will be welcomed.

thanks
Albert
GonzoG

Re: camera not detected on Android {lollipop) Nikon d7100

Post by GonzoG »

Check if you have full USB-host support on Nexus (as I remember there were some limitations). To check use app "USB Device Info" from Google play.
Camera has to be visible and identified in both tabs: "Android" and "Linux".

Also if you have rooted system you can check "Use root for USB access" in qDD settings.
albertrius

Post by albertrius »

Hi GonzoG,

Thanks for the reply, I checked the USB Device Info app and my camera is not detected in any of the tabs (linux and Android)..
But when I connect the camera, qDD starts but nothing else, the connection seems that is not working.

I also Rooted/Unlooked my device and the issue continues identical. I'll try to buy a new cable to see if this can be the issue (but the pen drives connected to this OTG cable are detected...)

Any other suggestion?

Thanks
Albert
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

I think that with some some settings (on android) qDD will start with any connected device or even if you connected OTG cable.

But if you can't see camera in any tabs in USb device Info qDD won't see it either.
It looks like bad cable or your Nexus 7 has limited USB-host functionality and in this case you will need to change your system to e.g. CyanogenMod. I think it has full USB support it this you will have to find on some Android board forum or on XDA.
Wire14

Post by Wire14 »

Hi Albert,

I also have an Nexus 7 (2012). And it is working with a Nikon D5100 and lollipop. So I think the problem is the cable.

Cheers,
Chris
RiyaMukati

Post by RiyaMukati »

Check the USB cable. Because i have faced this problem earlier.