Newbie help on Settings

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
n6000

Newbie help on Settings

Post by n6000 »

Hi,

this is my first try with qdslrdashboard ios on ipad mini and a sony A7r. I wonder if you guys can help me with some settings. its like my first timelapse, first with this setup anyway. Im using a samyang 14mmf2,8. The Camera will not be moving. I wont to catch sunset and stars later.

Shall I do upto 20s shutterspeed and max 3200 iso at apperture 2.8 ?
Which intervall should i use, every 30s ? Is there a way to move to min 1600 iso for the stars after a certain time ?

thx for your help!
rocky460712

Re: Newbie help on Settings

Post by rocky460712 »

n6000

Have you checked out LRtimelapse website? Gunther Wegner has some tutorials on settings. Start here:
http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/true-ho ... o-ramping/

Then watch the second tutorial down the page (Day to Night “Holy Grail” Tutorial) here:
http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/

That tutorial shows how Gunther did a day to night timelapse and actually captured the Milky Way.

If you look closely at the tutorial as he scrolls through the different exposures, at about exposure 330 he starts to change the interval...I'm assuming manually since qDSLR doesn't offer that automatic feature.

You should register for that forum and drop a question on Gunther referencing that tutorial and ask how he managed to change the interval. He is pretty good at responding within a day or so.

One suggestion having done what you are trying to do...try doing some simple timelapse shots and then once you are comfortable with full daylight shooting and all the settings you can adjust inside qDSLR during that type of timelapse...move to the advanced day-to-night timelapse and the "Holy Grail". It's not called that for nothing!

Good luck!
n6000

Re: Newbie help on Settings

Post by n6000 »

ok thx alot, im gonna look into that.

thx for your help! unfort my ipad cant open the app anymore after upgrading