Liveview: qdslrdashboard vs dslrdashboard

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Liveview: qdslrdashboard vs dslrdashboard

Post by hubaiz »

Seams for some reason Qt isn't using the GPU on your phone, will try to search regarding this.
Hiker42 wrote:why's it not free for iOS users
Because I'm unemployed and need to pay my bills and I invest lot of time into qDD ( hope soon Google will support my country and then it will paid on Android to)
Hiker42

Post by Hiker42 »

Fair enough.

Love the app. I know it's not a huge amount but I just donated a little bit (Edan)

I ended up also buying it on iOS to test. Nice and fast on my wife's iPad and iPhone 5s. Look forward to if you sort this out (planning to keep my m7 just for qDD when I upgrade phones at the end of the year)
Hiker42

Post by Hiker42 »

Any progress on this?
oxenham1

Post by oxenham1 »

I too get really laggy live view. Dd is much faster on my galaxy s4, and my 7 inch quadcore android tablet. I would love to use qdd but the framerate is way too low to use as a field monitor. I have been using helicon remote, which has an even faster lv refresh rate than even dd.
I hope it gets solved, I really prefer it, except the l a g g y liveview :(
Jamie
menocore

Post by menocore »

Same here.
Helicon remote is much faster at live view. Using Nexus 5 and Nexus 10, Android 5.1.1, USB and WU-1a basically same result.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Did anyone tested V0.3? This is the latest: http://dslrdashboard.info/phpBB3/viewto ... ?f=5&t=453
phottix

Post by phottix »

I just downloaded and tested qDslrDashboard V0.3 beta9, but LV is still lagging. DD has much more responsive LV which makes fine tuning focus adjustments much easier. When I use qDD, I often overadjust the focus due to the slow LV update.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.2.1.
adversor

Post by adversor »

Hi there,

here is a very detailed test video of the live view delay of v0.3 with different devices (Android and iOS) in WiFi with TP Linkbut also USB cable. Compared to DSLR Controller. It is in German, but visuallized with diagrams and images showing the results. Conclution, v0.3 is fine on newer iOS, but almost on every Android device too laggy. Especially Galaxy Tab S 8.4 has huge delays.

I am actually looking for a new tablet, but really want using qdslrdashboard because of the timelapse features. I already tested it on my Windows PC with 6D internal WiFi and it is not too laggy. Do I need to got for an iOS device now (I don't want to buy an Apple device) or is there any chance to have better refresh rates in LV on future updates on Android devices?
adversor

Post by adversor »

GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

I have Lenovo A7600 10" tablet with dual core MediaTech CPU (so it is much slower than CPUs in Samsung's tablets) and LV isn't too laggy.
But if you turn on histogram and filters it has to lag. Rendering video with overlays must take some time, especially with Canon DSLRs where LV stream sent to device has higher resolution.

Also Tab S has higher screen resolution and need much more processing power to render image.

So if you want tablet that won't lag choose one with lower resolution (~1920x1080 is absolutely enough for 10" screen). My tablet has 1280x800 and for me it's adequate.