Connect a pc with a phone

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
SKAL

Connect a pc with a phone

Post by SKAL »

Hi all,
this is my first post. I've just started to use qDD, and after reading the instructions I cannot figure out how to connect 2 devices.

What I'm trying to do is to connect a canon 5d mIII to a windows PC via usb (and this works). After that I would like to connect via wifi the pc with my android phone on the same network in order to see on the phone, and to configure the camera with it.

I've enabled the "allow shating" in the network settings, but I don't see the host button.

Do I miss something?

On PC (win8.1) and on phone (android rooted 5.1) I use qDslrDashboard V0.2.7.

SKAL
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Connect a pc with a phone

Post by hubaiz »

In qDD running on Windows you should enable 'Allow connection sharing' then connect to the DSLR.
Then on your other device start qDD and press the 'Network button, if it does not find the camera then long press the 'Network' button and enter the Windows IP address and finally press the dialog 'Connect' button
SKAL

Post by SKAL »

hubaiz wrote:In qDD running on Windows you should enable 'Allow connection sharing' then connect to the DSLR.
Then on your other device start qDD and press the 'Network button, if it does not find the camera then long press the 'Network' button and enter the Windows IP address and finally press the dialog 'Connect' button
this is exactly what i've done... :( does not work ...
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Found the error that prevents the connection sharing to work. The problem is that qDD sends the connected DSLR list in wrong format
SKAL

Post by SKAL »

hubaiz wrote:Found the error that prevents the connection sharing to work. The problem is that qDD sends the connected DSLR list in wrong format
Does it mean that I have to wait a new release in order to have this feature?

If yes, then thank you , otherwise could you tell me how to fix it?

SKAL