DDServer working on a cheap NEXX WT3020F wifi router

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
goingmad

DDServer working on a cheap NEXX WT3020F wifi router

Post by goingmad »

Hello,

before trying to install ddserver on a better device, like the tp-link(s) well supported, I had around a cheap Chinese Nexx WT3020F, based on the MediaTek MT7620n chipset (around 15 USD in the Aliexpress marketplace) well supporting openwrt Chaos Calmer.

Did some search here in the forum, some tests with no success to build an image, but at the end the solution was:

flash this if you have the original firmware installed in the Nexx (8M version in my case)

flash this if you already have an OpenWrt versione installed in the Nexx (8M version in my case)

copy the ddserver_0.2-14_ramips_24kec.ipk to the /tmp folder of the Nexx (found here in the forum, here is the file).

Connect via ssh to the Nexx, go to the /tmp folder and do the 'opkg install ddserver_0.2-14_ramips_24kec.ipk' command. If you're lucky it's going to solve and install also the dependencies, some libraries. If not, take note of the missing dependencies and find them in this repository. Just be careful that when copying the library link you have to remove the 's' from the 'https'. After this steps, install the ddserver, reboot. Make a check in the software menu of the openwrt nexx, ddserver should now be there and you will find it also in the startup software list, already enabled.

Hope this helps someone

regards

gm
gsak

Re: DDServer working on a cheap NEXX WT3020F wifi router

Post by gsak »

Hi,

While I have the same NEXX model as you (WT3020F) and have successfully installed OpenWRT on it (openwrt-19.07.7-ramips-mt7620-wt3020-8M-squashfs-factory.bin), I have problems installing the ipk file for the ddserver. Specifically, I get the following error message:

Collected errors:
* pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for ddserver found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

I realize this is an old thread, but could you please suggest something?

Regards,
George
Last edited by gsak on 18 Mar 2021, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.