Is there any point........???

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
bererunner

Is there any point........???

Post by bererunner »

Well after trying for 5 hours this afternoon to get my Eos 6D to connect to qDslrdashboard it's connected twice. Total waste of time.
I've ordered myself a TP-LINK MR3040 from the states as they're no longer available here In the UK, £60.
Is this just good money after bad....??

bererunner
russellsnr

Re: Is there any point........???

Post by russellsnr »

Don't have any problem connecting my 6D and 70D via the Canon wireless option, works well, I used the MR3040 with my 600D (one for DSLRDashboard and one for DSLR controller) but redundant now.
Russ
bererunner

Post by bererunner »

russellsnr wrote:Don't have any problem connecting my 6D and 70D via the Canon wireless option, works well, I used the MR3040 with my 600D (one for DSLRDashboard and one for DSLR controller) but redundant now.
Russ
Hi Russ, thanks for your reply, very much appreciated.
Are you using the ios or android app ?
I'm using the ios app on an ipad, do you use the Canon connect button or the network button in the app ?
In your camera do you use the connect to mobile device ? Do you use the easy connect method ?

John.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

I have a Canon 70D here for testing and development (same apply to the 6D to).

To connect directly to the camera with wireless you must use the mobile option. You connect/pair you iOS device wireless with the camera wireless and finally start qDD and press the 'Canon wireless' button.

To use the camera with your home wireless you use the camera 'EOS utility' mode, in this case you connect/pair your camera wireless to your home wireless. You iOS device need to be connected to the same wireless network. In qDD you again use the 'Canon wireless' button.

Hope this helps.
russellsnr

Post by russellsnr »

bererunner wrote:
russellsnr wrote:Don't have any problem connecting my 6D and 70D via the Canon wireless option, works well, I used the MR3040 with my 600D (one for DSLRDashboard and one for DSLR controller) but redundant now.
Russ
Hi Russ, thanks for your reply, very much appreciated.
Are you using the ios or android app ?
I'm using the ios app on an ipad, do you use the Canon connect button or the network button in the app ?
In your camera do you use the connect to mobile device ? Do you use the easy connect method ?

John.
Hi, I use Android on a Nexus7 and a Lenovo tablet. I just turned on either of those and the camera and they found each other along with a security code from the camera, put that code into the tablet and just works. One thing I didn't do and learnt the lesson!! write down that code from camera because if you don't you have to do the whole thing again.
Russ
jordancaver123

Post by jordancaver123 »

thanks