New user: unable to connect to Canon 5D3 or 5D4

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
rsamco

New user: unable to connect to Canon 5D3 or 5D4

Post by rsamco »

Hello, I am a new qdslrdashboard user and have installed the newest versions of all software on my TP-Link TL-MR3040 (V2) and iOS devices (iPhone 6 & iPad Air 2). After very carefully configuring the TL-Link (at least 3 times; and reinstalling ddserver), I am still unable to communicate with either of my Canon bodies (a 5D mk III & a 5D mk IV). That is, I tap qdslrdashboard's WiFi-Canon icon and nothing happens (i.e., apparently no camera is found).

I am able to wirelessly connect to the TL-Link from a browser on both iOS devices and also from a Windows laptop, so it seems to me that the wifi is configured correctly and working. That is, I can log in and access OpenWrt at 192.168.1.1 in a browser.l

So my suspicions are that something is wrong on the camera side. But Canon's EOS Utility program (running on a Windows system) is able to connect to, and control, both cameras. Reikan's Focal 2 program is also able to connect to and control both camera bodies (again, through a direct USB connection). So the cameras, and their associated USB cables, check out OK.

I don't know where to go from here to further diagnose the problem. Anybody have any suggestions? TIA!
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: New user: unable to connect to Canon 5D3 or 5D4

Post by hubaiz »

For MR3040 (ddserver) connection you must use the 'Network' button (the first button from left on iOS)
The 'Canon wireless' button is used with Canon DSLR that have built in wireless.
The 5D Mk IV is not supported in the current version, will be in the upcoming one.
rawshooter

Post by rawshooter »

So the new version is there, how do I connect with the 5D4? I have it in the same WLAN as the phone and my PC, EOS Utility can connect, QDSLR Log says: "Found Canon 5d, connecting...." and then "finished searching" but it doesn't seem to do anything further.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

On what device do you use? Be sure that EOS Utility is not connected or trying to connect to the camera as qDD will not be able to connect.
rawshooter

Post by rawshooter »

Android sorry,EOS Utility is not active.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Set the 5D Mk IV into mobile wireless mode.
Connect your Android device wireless with the 5D Mk IV wireless
Start qDslrDashboard and press the 'Canon wireless' button
rawshooter

Post by rawshooter »

So no chance to have in it working in the other mode? I losses my internet connection if it connect with the camera directly.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

It should work, at least it works with my 70D with my home network.
It could be that for some reason the query for the Camera is not propagated from your Android device.