D5600 support?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
EDIflyer

D5600 support?

Post by EDIflyer »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had managed to successfully use qDslrDashboard with the Nikon D5600? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Nikon SnapBridge software is atrocious, not managing to connect at all over Bluetooth (failing at the pairing stage), therefore I was wondering if this app would be a better option. I could see reports of issues with the D5500 that appeared to be resolved by way of an update to the app but wondered if anyone had any experience with the D5600.

Many thanks
patrick2874

Re: D5600 support?

Post by patrick2874 »

HI I currently am having difficultly linking my s7 to my d5600 as well. After much mucking around with snapbridge i got that all hooked up but it only gives you a capture button with no adjustments. i had to delete my bluetooth connection on the cam and delete the connection in the snapbridge app. also had nfc on, id dont know if that matters but as i understand it once you get connected the two will remember each other. unfortunately i cant find any documentation on how to connect the android qdslrdashboard app to the d5600. if you hold down the connect icon you can change the connections ip address but still no connection.....the d5500 was much easier to connect...grr
patrick2874

Post by patrick2874 »

hi i have the same combo. i had to delete the bluetooth connecttion on the camera and in the snap bridge app i had to delete the camera and after numerous tries i got them to connect several times yesterday. but the qdslrdashboard says it just added support for the d5600 but there is no info that i can find on how to do it.
patrick2874

Post by patrick2874 »

I spent several hours emailing back and forth with the creator of qdslrdashboard the other day. I jumped through a bunch of his hoops with no success. I can use snapbridge,but obviously it only gives you shutter release w no adjustments. The creator stated he has a prob with the d500 and d5600 connections. He states he has to first connect tosnapBridge then immediately switch over to qdslrdashboard in order to work. I tried repeatedly but everyone I said h over my phone goes to the normal wifi. I am hopefully he will get the prob fixed, but as of right now nikon is holding onto the software protocols to access it.
patrick2874

Post by patrick2874 »

Ok,just got off phone w nikon. As far as they are aware there isn't a wifi program (3rd party)that give full control of the d5600. There only suggestion is their wifi remote wr1..650$..cough cough...n cough...not buying that for that much i could have bought a higher end camera( in conjunction with what I paid last week for this one.)
dslr

Post by dslr »

need to establish bluetooth communication between snapbridge and the camera first, which is outside of qdd
then start up wifi and connect qdd to this wifi network as usual...
see this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1947
JuandaTellez

Post by JuandaTellez »

Hola acá dejo un video de con la solución :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHBJzYrOAKk&t=14s