Desktop version of qDslrDashboard and Sony ILCE-6300

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Philer

Desktop version of qDslrDashboard and Sony ILCE-6300

Post by Philer »

Hello there folks,

I own a Sony Alpha a6300 and I'm just asking if is it possible to get qDslrDashboard working in Windows 7 x64 and the mentioned camera.
I read that it only works together with the "Smart remote control" app via Sony's built-in WiFi.
And I haven't figured out how to connect to the camera's hotspot from the Windows WiFi utility. I think that it's even not possible.
So is there a way to get the desktop version of qDslrDashboard to work with Sony cameras in Windows?

Many greetings from Germany
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Desktop version of qDslrDashboard and Sony ILCE-6300

Post by hubaiz »

You must start the 'Smart remote control' application on your a6300.
After that you connect your Windows machine wireless to the a6300 wireless.
If your Windows machine is connected to your wired network then it is best you unpluge it as it will probably conflict with the wireless network.
After the wireless connection is established in qDslrDashboard you press the 'Sony wireless' button.
iddo

Post by iddo »

Hi,
I am continuing the original question (in my case it is an A6500).
I was able to connect the camera to my Android device (isn't that simple but it seems to work now more or less).
I am trying now with a laptop and I am having problems again.

The main problem is that the laptop (Lenovo Yoga Pro 2) asks for a pin code when attempting to connect to the camera using wifi - I tried 9999 - nothing - I tried my router pass - nothing - any ideas what I need to do here?

Thanks,
Iddo
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Press the 'Trash' button on your camera after you started the 'Smart remote control' application and it should display the wireless access point password.
iddo

Post by iddo »

First - many thanks - I would never had noticed that myself.
Second - I tried about 20 times and it did not accept the pass/pin - don't know why. After about 20 times when I was about to give up it finally did - I don't know that I did anything different - how complex is this process - horrific.

I hope that I won't need to go through this again with other devices - this was a very very bad experience with Sony - what is up with them.
icanfilmthat

Post by icanfilmthat »

In my case, My mac accepts the password and keeps connected to the camera a6500 but a "onnecting..." stays forever in the camera and DslrDashboard will not be able to connect to the camera.

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

ps:I already used Controlmycamera on the iphone with success.
icanfilmthat

Post by icanfilmthat »

HI!

I-m trying to connect a sony A6500 to my mac. I insert the pass on the mac and it connects, on the a6500 a message "connecting" appears and stays there forever, and when i try to connect to the sony on the DSLRDashboard app it cannot find the camera.

Am i doing something wrong?

ps: I already used the "controlmycamera" app on my iphone with success
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Your mac should be only connected to the a6500.
Is it maybe connected to your home network?