DSLR Dashboard with OpenWrt On NEXX WT3020 Router

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
1nformatica

DSLR Dashboard with OpenWrt On NEXX WT3020 Router

Post by 1nformatica »

Hi Folks, I recently went through the process of installing OpenWrt on the inexpensive NEXX WT3020 router. It was quite straightforward and nothing to be afraid of, I know some folks find the subject intimidating! I have put a video together showing all the steps necessary for you to successfully do the same. The link is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhbEyGaorWU
Please aks any question if I can help.
cyclingg

Re: DSLR Dashboard with OpenWrt On NEXX WT3020 Router

Post by cyclingg »

I bought the NEXX WT3020H router and cannot update the firmware to the OpenWrt. I am able to login to the ip 192.168.8.1 and browse to the bin file. After I hit the upgrade button, it starts and then right away I get a message stating the the connection was reset. I tried two different bins with the same result. The first I tried is "openwrt-18.06.1-ramips-mt7620-wt3020-8M-squashfs-factory.bin" and the second is "openwrt-15.05.1-ramips-mt7620-wt3020-8M-squashfs-factory.bin".

I connected the 3020 two different ways to my network: 1st - I connected ethernet from the LAN of 3020 to computer and 2nd - I connected etherent from the WLAN of 3020 to router, and then another ethernet from LAN of 3020 to computer. Both ways the router was shown in my network and I could see the Status and IP address (192.168.8.1). I typed this IP into Firefox browser and was brought to the router page and browsed to the bin file.

Am I using the wrong OpenWrt file? Any ideas as to why the connection keeps resetting? Am I connecting the 3020 wrong to my computer? I am not a programmer or tech person, just someone who can follow instructions and knows a bit about computers.

I thought I would have no problems with updating to the OpenWrt firmware. I thought the trouble would be adding the DDServer (or whatever it is called).

I hope someone will be able to help me with this error message. I Googled it and nothing referring to this error message came up.

Thanks.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Here is the NEXX WT3020H OpenWrt page: https://openwrt.org/toh/nexx/wt3020
cyclingg

Post by cyclingg »

Thanks hubaiz. That is the site I went to for installation instructions. I followed the update firmware section. The problem is that I keep getting a "connection was reset" error when I hit the upgrade button. I cannot update the firmware. I don't know why the connection keeps getting reset.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Sorry but more then that I can't help you, don't have experience with that router.
gsak

Post by gsak »

Hi,

I hope this thread is still active :)

1nformatica, I would be indebted if you could help me on installing ddserver on NEXX WT3020F running OpenWRT (openwrt-19.07.7-ramips-mt7620-wt3020-8M-squashfs-factory.bin).
I am not able to find a working package of ddserver, suitable for my router.

Thanks in advance,
George