qDSLR with 5D Mk3 and Edelkrone Slider

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
rameshtahlan

qDSLR with 5D Mk3 and Edelkrone Slider

Post by rameshtahlan »

Hi, I am having a peculiar problem.

I am using the qDLRDashboard with TP LINK 3040 WiFi on the Edelkrone Slider.
Now if i connect the TP LINK to the iPad through WiFi and use Aperture AP-TR3C as trigger, all works perfect in LRTimelapse mode.
qDSLR on the iPad controls the ramping of Shutter speed and ISO perfect. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. and it averages after 3/3 clicks.

ALSO if i remove the Aperture trigger and click with my finger again and again, ALL WORKS WELL with LRTimelapse mode
BUT.
Now if I connect the Trigger from Edelkrone Slider, it off course clicks away the shutter,
BUT DISASTER.
The LRTimelapse stops working, it does not ramp up the shutter or ISO as the ambient light reduces.
another funny thing that happens is that instead of 3/3 average it goes to 6/3 average.

I would think a trigger is a trigger for a camera,
SO why should a trigger from a Slider create this odd problem, but not the Aperture trigger

So i removed the Slider trigger cable, and put the Aperture trigger, and BANG, everything works perfect.

I have done this about 6 times today. And every time the trigger is connected from Slider, qDSLR behaves funny.

Another odd problem, If i don't connect the Slider Trigger, qDSLR come alive on iPad almost immediately.
BUT, if the Slider trigger is connected before hand, qDSLR will either take ages or just does not connect.

In both case the WIFi does connect to the iPad without any problem, it is only there after that qDSLR behaves odd with Slider Trigger.

Any help will be great.

I am aware of the problem i face, that is, guys here may not be able to answer about Edelkrone Slider trigger,
and the Edelkrone guys won't be able to answer about qDSLR.
So looks like i may just be stuck in between.

Hope someone can find a solution to this odd problem.
rameshtahlan

Re: qDSLR with 5D Mk3 and Edelkrone Slider

Post by rameshtahlan »

Hi,

Looks like i solved the problem
it appears the Yellow Focus wire in the cable was the problem,
So i cut off the yellow wire and the qDSLRDashboard ramping of Shutter and ISO are now working perfect.
Cheers.
Canon cable.jpeg
Canon cable.jpeg (211.65 KiB) Viewed 3775 times