qDslrDashboard Live View Frame Rates

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
fernandosada

qDslrDashboard Live View Frame Rates

Post by fernandosada »

Anyone knows how to get the best performance of liveview frame rates? does QDD needs more ram? more processor ghz? What if i buy a windows tablet and get 25-26 just like in my Desktop PC, anyone tried?

So far i tested:

Samsung Galaxy S2 with mr3040 and nikon 5200 // windows version QDD = BEST 25-26 fps performance
Samsung Galaxy S2 with mr3040 and nikon 5200 // android version QDD = maybe 16-17 fps performance
Samsung Galaxy S2 OTG cable and nikon 5200 // android version QDD = same 16-17 fps performance
Samsung Galaxy S4 with mr3040 and nikon 5200 // android version QDD = maybe 13-14 fps performance
fernandosada

Re: qDslrDashboard Live View Frame Rates

Post by fernandosada »

I encourage everyone to post your own setups, configs and performances frame rates =p
oxenham1

Post by oxenham1 »

Im about 13 fps on an android tablet and d5100.
I assume theres no way to change the settings in qdslr?
Jamie
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

Frame rate depends on power of computer/device.
On Nexus 5 I get from 15fps (@1.7GHz) to 23-25 (@3GHz)
On cheap 7" Windows 8.1 tablet with 4 core Atom processor (can't remember CPU model) I get 15-17fps.
klausesser

Post by klausesser »

oxenham1 wrote:Im about 13 fps on an android tablet and d5100.
I assume theres no way to change the settings in qdslr?
Jamie
remember what a liveview is supposed for: a kind of focusing screen/ground-glass. Here it doesn´t need more than 12-15fps i mean.
What sense would higher framerates make at all?

Klaus
oxenham1

Post by oxenham1 »

Thanks for the reply!
Because the d5100 doesnt output to a bigger monitor while recording video at 30p, it makes it very hard to use the camera in filming movies. When the camera is on a jib, the built in lcd is too small. So to use the app, as an external monitor is a blessing, coupled with full camera controls. But the lag in framerate makes it hard to track motion in realtime. As a photography tool, its a great app, but to use it as field monitor makes it hard.
But Youve done a great job regardless of my wants :)
Jamie
klausesser

Post by klausesser »

oxenham1 wrote:Thanks for the reply!
Because the d5100 doesnt output to a bigger monitor while recording video at 30p, it makes it very hard to use the camera in filming movies. When the camera is on a jib, the built in lcd is too small. So to use the app, as an external monitor is a blessing, coupled with full camera controls. But the lag in framerate makes it hard to track motion in realtime. As a photography tool, its a great app, but to use it as field monitor makes it hard.
But Youve done a great job regardless of my wants :)
Jamie

HiJanie!

For the use of a camera on a jib i suggest to use a fieldmonitor - 7 or 8" you can get for about 200.-€. Works per HDMI much better than a wireless liveview - as long as it needs to be affordable . . ;)

best, Klaus
oxenham1

Post by oxenham1 »

Hey Klaus!
Thats the problem, once you hit record with the d5100, it cuts the video feed to an external monitor, and you only get live view on the nikon screen. You can only use an external monitor when shooting 24fps video, but not at 30fps. Thats why the app is better than the camera alone.
klausesser

Post by klausesser »

oxenham1 wrote:Hey Klaus!
Thats the problem, once you hit record with the d5100, it cuts the video feed to an external monitor, and you only get live view on the nikon screen. You can only use an external monitor when shooting 24fps video, but not at 30fps. Thats why the app is better than the camera alone.
Hi Jamie!

I see - don´t know the camera ;-)

best, Klaus