Canon EOS M

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Ive595

Canon EOS M

Post by Ive595 »

Hi, I have just purchased this app to pair up with a Canon EOS M, when I connect the camera it recognises it is connected via the data cable and the app opens automatically, the screen on the camera shuts off but the view does not appear on the app.
I have tried 3 different OTG cables and 3 different Canon data cables including the one supplied with the EOS M.
I have read a comment on YouTube claiming you cannot get the live view to appear on the app with an EOS M.
Any help or advice would be welcome.

Cheers John
russellsnr

Re: Canon EOS M

Post by russellsnr »

Hi, Sorry only just seen your posting. I have the Canon 'M' also and none of the apps work with it, QDSLDashboard, DSLRController or the Canon app as that needs a wireless conection. Depending on what you are looking to do apart from the being able to view a larger screen have a look at the MagicLantern software that you put on an SD Card, I use it on all 3 cameras 6D,70D and the 'M' but I only shoot stills no video and video is the main stay of MagicLantern but many extra options on the stills side. http://www.magiclantern.fm/.
Russ