multishots continuous burst action shooting

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
felixpq

multishots continuous burst action shooting

Post by felixpq »

I'm interested in the Android version and though I see a few posts about taking a number of shots from a single push of a button, it's not clear to me at least and most of the info is old.

I have a Nikon D610 and in continuous mode (high) I can shoot 6 full size (24mp) raw image per second. I did this many time for 10-20 shots no problem. I'd like to know if I can do the same via qDD via usb at least without any images transferred to my tablet in this case?

If someone happen to know, is it possible to do this burst shooting while in AF-C mode or even in tracking mode (3D)? All this remotely of course, the idea is to setup the camera on a bird waiting is turn to come to the feeder and when he comes in, capture him or her in flight nicely focus and freezed using a bunch of flash on top of that?

Lastly, I wonder if doing all this wirelessly is possible and at what cost in terms of performance?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: multishots continuous burst action shooting

Post by hubaiz »

On Nikon cameras you can use continuous capture in remote mode but you must set the number of the images that will be capture.
Then when you initiate the capture the camera will capture the defined number of images in continuous mode.
I suggest you try one of the free desktop versions (Windows, OSX, Linux) available at: https://dslrdashboard.info/downloads/
to see how it works.
It is possible also using a wireless connection. Using the TP-Link MR3040/3020 wireless router it should work without any delays.
Actually after the capture command is sent it is up to the camera.