Can I Quickly Toggle On Bracekting / Toggle Viewfinder View?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Easy Mark

Can I Quickly Toggle On Bracekting / Toggle Viewfinder View?

Post by Easy Mark »

Two questions:

1) Is there an easy CONSISTENT way to switch between LiveView on qDSLRDashboard and the viewfinder view on my D7000 and Android 4.X tablet / phone?

Sometimes clicking the LiveView button off will allow me to use the viewfinder, but sometimes it won't. Sometimes when i click the live view [LV] button and it is grayed out, I still can't look through the viewfinder and it will still say PC in the green status bar at the bottom of the viewfinder.

2) Is there an easy ONE-CLICK way to turn bracketing on and off?

Right now, the only way I know how to do it is to go into the Camera Properties screen.

I heard a rumor that on the ORIGINAL DSLRDashboard, you could set the bracketing and then toggle bracketing on and off with a long hold. Is there a way to do that in qDSLRDashboard???

And finally, a friend of mine says that I really should try out the ORIGINAL DSLRDashboard. Is the apk for that still available somewhere? I looked on google but I don't want to download some malware by mistake...

Thanks in advance.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Can I Quickly Toggle On Bracekting / Toggle Viewfinder View?

Post by hubaiz »

You can turn on/off live view with the LV button on the left side.

You can enable custom bracketing with the 'Cust BKT' button on the right side. You can disable it with a long press on the same button.

The old Android only DslrDashboard is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .dashboard
but I'm not maintaining it anymore.
Easy Mark

Post by Easy Mark »

Thank you for your response.

I am using a Nikon D7000
"You can turn on/off live view with the LV button on the left side."
Yes, but SOMETIMES (about 50% of the time) if I turn off the LiveView button, I still cannot use the viewfinder on the camera for focusing.

Meaning, sometimes when I turn off liveview, DSLRDashboard is still in HOST mode, instead of going into camera mode (the buttonat the bottom of the left side stays red and says host mode).
You can enable custom bracketing with the 'Cust BKT' button on the right side. You can disable it with a long press on the same button.
I do not see the Cust BKT button on the right side of the Camera Control Screen. The only time I see it is when I go into the camera properties screen. I am using Nikon D7000

Thanks in advance.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

I'm still not sure what you mean under viewfinder. Do you mean this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewfinder

Here is a screenshot of qDslrDashboard
explanation.jpg
explanation.jpg (120.47 KiB) Viewed 6706 times
You can enable/disable 'Host mode' with the button I marked in the screenshot. While the camera is in live view 'Host mode' can't be disabled.

I marked the 'Cust BKT' button on the screenshot.

You also have here a manual: http://dslrdashboard.info/downloads/ (first download link)
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

If your D7000 does not switch directly between LV and viewfinder with one touch of LV bottom that only means that you have something wrong with your camera or connection with camera.
My D7000 works with out problems. One touch turns on LV, another one turns off and no black viewfinder.

When there is a problem with shutter/mirror mechanism it might behave as you described.