TP-Link TL-WR902AC AC750 v.3

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
wlayher

TP-Link TL-WR902AC AC750 v.3

Post by wlayher »

Hi,

here is a how-to for the TP-Link TL-WR902AC AC750 v.3. The article also has firmware images, compiled and tested by me. First install is a bit tricky, but updates after that work via the web interface.
Update: The how-to is now available in English, French and German.

Kind regards,

Walter
cobra98

Re: TP-Link TL-WR902AC AC750 v.3

Post by cobra98 »

Hi, i installed the v3 version by https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/ ... wr902ac_v3 but in your manual i miss how to get dslr dashboard server on it after.
I looked at https://github.com/hubaiz/DslrDashboardServer but have no clue how to compile it on the router with openwrt installed.
Maybe i missed something in your manual.
So far it described that dslr dashboard runs on it and in the description you describe only the installation of the firmware which can be done by tftp
instructions i found here https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/open ... 6530025098
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

I attached the ddserver ipk for the router.
Attachments
ddserver_0.2-14_mipsel_24kc.zip
(9.1 KiB) Downloaded 1351 times
wlayher

Post by wlayher »

Hi,
the images from openwrt do not have the ddserver package, these are intended for usage as a router only. You have to integrate ddserver to them. For this you can use the ipk package by Zoltan.
In my how-to I describe how to build the image yourself. You download the source from openwrt (like this) with git then you integrate the source code for ddserver by downloading the source for that, also with git (like this). Then you can configure the whole source and build it. Everything compiles in one go. And you can build updated images later just by executing one script.
If you don't have a working build environment or if you are not used to compiling software from source, you can also use the images attached to my how-to. These have ddserver already integrated and are ready to use after flashing.
Good luck! :-)
cobra98

Post by cobra98 »

it was little more tricky, i used https://gwegner.de/tipps/wlan-router-fu ... dashboard/ to install it, additional i had to download and install librt and libusb from the openwrt snapshot packages.
but i succeeded finally :)
Johnedlt

Post by Johnedlt »

I hope someone can create a video on the step by step process. Im looking forward to using wireless A/c with qdslr.
wlayher

Post by wlayher »

Hi,
is it really that difficult? Writing the how-to for this device and trying the process also on Windows took me a lot longer than getting the source, compiling it and flashing it with Linux in the first place. All the documentation for this is out there. The only reason converting this device to OpenWrt is a bit complicated is because the original firmware by the manufacturer does not accept the OpenWrt firmware for flashing as an upgrade, probably because it does not have a certain signature. So you have to jump through some hoops.
On a Mac you have to activate the tftpd server that comes with OS X. I don't have access to a computer with MacOS but how to do this can be found with your favorite search engine. How you do it on Linux is covered in my how-to that is linked in the first post of this thread.
For Windows users who don't want to bother with the whole compiling thing, these are the essential steps: get this file here, rename it to "tp_recovery.bin". Then download tftpd32/64 from here and install it. Configure the working folder for tftpd32/64 in the settings, then put the file "tp_recovery.bin" in this folder.
Then connect your TP-Link to your computer or your network switch with a LAN cable and set the IP address of the LAN network adapter (you can't use wifi for this, because there is no way to input a wifi password on tftp flash) on your computer to the static address "192.168.0.66" and network mask of "255.255.255.0" (in settings for TCP/IP4 protocol). Then select the same interface in the dropdown menu of tftpd32/64. After this you can connect the power to your TP-Link while you press and hold the reset button in the little hole between the two USB sockets with a paper clip for about 6 seconds. As soon as you see a progress bar for the file download on tftp32/64, you can release the paper clip. Now you just wait until the process is finished. During this time you can set the LAN network adapter on your computer back to its original settings. After about 5 minutes the device will have booted with the new firmware and you can connect your mobile device to the TP-Link via wifi to change the password(s). The preconfigured wifi password is "dslrdashboard", the preconfigured wifi name is "OpenWrt", the default account for logging in with your browser via (https://192.168.1.1) is "root" with no password. At the first login you have to accept the self-signed certificate in your browser.
If you have further questions about a step that does not work as expected, please ask.
wlayher

Post by wlayher »

Update!
OpenWrt now supports the 5 GHz band on this router. I have just tested and uploaded updated firmware images with 5 GHz support and have also updated my How-to accordingly.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

wlayher wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 15:33 Update!
OpenWrt now supports the 5 GHz band on this router. I have just tested and uploaded updated firmware images with 5 GHz support and have also updated my How-to accordingly.
Thanks, tested and works great.
Pregily

Post by Pregily »

Today I have purchased TL-WR902AC, hopefully I have installed it and everything works OK, thanks to this thread for helpful manuals