Capturing Video from D7200

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Austin4098

Capturing Video from D7200

Post by Austin4098 »

Hi - I am unable to figure-out how to capture video from a Nikon D7200. I gather that it is possible, as I have read contributions from other members of the forum who claim to have done so successfully.

I have V3.5.7 running on an iPad mini 4 with iOS 12.1.1. It works great for LRTimelapse and remote stills, but no luck so far with shooting video. I need to get this sorted, as I have eyesight focusing issues that the larger screen helps resolve. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Prior to connecting via WiFi I set the camera's LV switch to the 'video' position and once I have connected via WiFi, I activate LV in qdslrdashboard. The Video LV box appears in the left hand column and is red. Below it is the Video Start/Stop button, which is white.

When I touch the Video Start button to initiate capture, the D7200 WiFi switches off and I find that the resulting video file contains about 2 seconds of footage.

I have tried with the camera LV set to 'photos', but that doesn't work either.

Any clues please?

Regards, Austin McNally.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Capturing Video from D7200

Post by hubaiz »

Unfortunately this is a Nikon camera limitation prior to D500.
The wireless can't be activated while the movie recording is enabled.
When you start movie recording the camera disables the wireless (I think it has to do with power consumption)