Yet another new camera q, Nikon A900

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
skypuppy

Yet another new camera q, Nikon A900

Post by skypuppy »

Got a new Nikon Coolpix A900 due to it's advanced features, especially the 35x optical zoom! Woohoo. Sadly, I can't get it to cooperate with gphoto2, SnapBridge, or anything else I've tried. At a minimum I need to preview in (dang near) realtime, and take photos on demand. It would be great if I can also have the computer operate the motorized zoom on this beast. Do you guys have any experience with this model and/or is it supported in your software? Oddly, using gphoto2, the camera will turn on, and even take photos -- however, the lens does not protrude and the lens cover never opens up and all the pictures are completely black. Grrrr. Nikon is absolutely zero help here. Hope you guys have it all sorted out and I can put your software on an RPi or Jetson Tx2 and let 'er rip! Thanks.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Yet another new camera q, Nikon A900

Post by hubaiz »

Unfortunately Nikon does not provide any documentation for developers for this model.
skypuppy

Re: Yet another new camera q, Nikon A900

Post by skypuppy »

So has anyone experimented with it? Maybe watch the snapbridge (which I cannot get to work regardless of host) to document the messages sent back and forth? I'd do it if I could get the snapbridge to work in the first place.