LR Timelapse module not working properly with external timer and sony a6000

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Christoph777

LR Timelapse module not working properly with external timer and sony a6000

Post by Christoph777 »

I noticed some days ago that the dslrdashboard LR Timelapse module doesnt work properly when using an external intervalometer to trigger my sony a6000 for a timelapse.

So yesterday i did extensive tests with 2 different external intervalometers and also with the NMX timer output.

It works fine when i only do a single trigger and then adjust settings.
But when continuously triggering the camera the following problems occur:

With dslrdashboard controlling the sony a6000 it is not posible to do any changes in ISO and/or Shutterspeed, neither manually nor in Holy Grail mode. The camera transfers the pictures for review, that works fine. But no setting changes are accepted.
In Holy Grail mode, dasldashboard runs through the frames, say 4/4, but doesnt react when the floating average goes under the reference value. Then it starts to get funny frame counts like 7/4.

I tried the same with my Nikons (D7100 and D800), where there is no problem (tried with wifi and usb cable as well). Everything works as it should.

Has anyone a working setup with a sony camera when using an external timer or NMX timer and DSLRDashboard's LRT?

Many Thanks!
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: LR Timelapse module not working properly with external timer and sony a6000

Post by hubaiz »

Can you change the shutter/iso from qDslrDashboard device screen?
Christoph777

Re: LR Timelapse module not working properly with external timer and sony a6000

Post by Christoph777 »

Hi Zoltan,

I can change the setting only when the timer isn't running, than everything works properly.
As soon as i turn it on, i can't do any changes. Neither in the device screen nor in the LRT screen.

I know you work very hard on the NMX integration. Does your sony work properly with the in qDSLRDashboard integrated NMX timer and LRT?
I thought that might be relevant for the NMX setup you are working on.

Again, many Thanks!
Christoph