Which DSLR to buy for beginners? (Under $500)

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
wolfkinara

Which DSLR to buy for beginners? (Under $500)

Post by wolfkinara »

Hi

I posted this in wrong sub i hope i do it right this time

I am looking into buying my first dslr camera but today with all the manufacturers cutting features from entry levels i dont know anymore which one to buy . I know that all entry levels do the job but i dont want to buy something that disappoints or breaks or that i am going to outgrow in a short time . I want something a bit more lasting with decent amount control like shutter exposure aperture ISO . With canon downgrading their entry levels i want to reach out to experienced people on this sub to help me. I dont know if the 2000d or 4000d is worth buying anymore ? My budget is max 500 dollar

The cameras i am considering are

Nikon D3400

Canon 1300D

Canon 2000D

Canon 4000D

All with kit lenses because thats what is cheapest in sweden . Also prices here are high with all the cameras above going for around 400 to 500 dollars . Since decent lenses costs more than the included kit lens i decided to go with kit lenses

I am not interested in mirrorless.

I am going to use it for all around photos but some day i want to get into wildlife mainly bird or macro photography

I have read a lot about different entry level dslr but also about how to operate a camera combined with basic photo theory . I also took some months long course in high school about digital photography that made me come in contact with basic dslr operating . Sadly we didnt get to use the dslr in manual mode lol yea i know . This basic knowledge should be enough to get me started with my own camera.

I should also mention that ive been looking around for used or display units but evryone here seems greedy to demand almost retail prices for a 5 year old entry level ormidrange camera. The only cheap used i can find is like Nikon D80 WITHOUT lens :(

TL DR Question is are these cameras listed good enough to get me starting? Also will any camera last longer than 1 year? Budget max 500 dollar

Thank you for your help :D