First Time User - Setup Issues with A7III?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Speez

First Time User - Setup Issues with A7III?

Post by Speez »

Trying to get qDB up and running with my A7III to shoot some time lapses and am having some setup issues.

1) I can get the WiFi connection going between the phone and the camera, but if I have to restart qDB (more on that in a second) I have to power cycle the camera or the phone will not discover the camera again in qDB

2) Once connected, I can adjust exposure settings, but if I hit the camera button in the left menu to initiate a capture, it says capture in progress and the camera IR light illuminates, but no image is captured on the camera or in the app on the phone. Not sure what is happening there?

3) In the left menu, there is a button near the bottom labeled “av”. If I press this button, the live view disappears from the app, the red “Lv” button in the upper left turns grey instead of red, and the app will not respond or bring the live view back unless I restart the phone and the app and reconnect (see two screen shots below)

4) In the LRTimelapse Module from the right menu, if I hit “Capture Sample” it shows the “capture in progress” again, but again nothing happens. No image is recorded to the phone or the camera and no preview shows up in the LRT screen. Also, the Auto Holy Grail button is grayed out and cannot be selected. Again see screenshot below.

As I understand it, there are people who have the A7III running with qDB, so hoping someone can chime in with what I may be doing wrong in this case. This is all via WiFi as I understand that the sony cameras cannot be controlled over USB.
Attachments
screen at LRTimelapse module
screen at LRTimelapse module
Screenshot_20200320-210022.png (168.57 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
screen after hitting the “av” button
screen after hitting the “av” button
Screenshot_20200320-210238.png (203.99 KiB) Viewed 2677 times