Question about newer Sony devices

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
doctorg

Question about newer Sony devices

Post by doctorg »

Hello together,

could somebody explain what the magic trick of the WiFi connection from qdslrdashboard is?
What works fine: connecting my Sony A7R II wireless with Win 10. I get a good live view on my PC display.

Why I ask/what I like to know: with any other application like OBS (this open source tutorial helper), Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Teams et al. etc. I don't get any live view (... wireless, since this Sony stumble cable is to short for my usage).

Has anybody some working solution how my Sony Devices (I have also newer RX 100's ...) can be used for video conferences wireless with Windows 10 etc.?

Qdslrdashboard shows, that this should be possible. Here I can establish a wireless liveview.

Some other thing I got working: when I run Qdslrdashboard as a live connector and capture the screen w. OBS I can record the live view also from this source. OK - so it could have my selfie view on my 4k screen together with powerpoints or other things I want to show beneath each other. Not bad.
But again: without QDSLRdashboard there is no direct connect.

If somebody has some ideas how the Sony WiFi access could be used for this conferencing things it would be nice. I know it's not the perfect place since there is nothing wrong with QDSLRdashboard. Just the contradiction: this is the only fine piece of software that seems to connect the way I want it. Maybe somebody from these excellent skilled authors could help to find the missing puzzle part.