Nikon D3500, all kinds of issues

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
shirkles

Nikon D3500, all kinds of issues

Post by shirkles »

I just got an "almost new" Nikon D3500 and was kind of annoyed to find out it won't take a remote. After searching, I found qdslrdashboard, and found that many people seem to be able to use it for this camera. I installed it on my Android phone, and the first 2 times I attached my camera, it made the connection and the app launched. However, none of the buttons will do anything. It's there, but it's dead.

So I tried attaching the phone and camera many more times over about 30 minutes and neither could find each other. So I tried the Windows version, but my PC will not find my camera, though it finds my old D3100 with no problem. Then I decided to try the app on my tablet, but even though I am logged into the same google play account as my phone is logged into, it won't let me download the app unless I pay for it again.

In frustration I left it all alone for an hour, and now I am back to the camera and phone finding each other, the app launching, but it is completely unusable.

Any suggestions on making the app work? Or on being able to download it onto my tablet??