Canon 6D MKII

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
tadrscin

Canon 6D MKII

Post by tadrscin »

Just wondering if support for the 6D MKII will ever happen. So far everything seems to work correctly except custom bracketing. On my 7D MKII everything is working great. I would like top be able to do custom bracketing on my 6D MII though.

I had been using DSLR Controller for a while before finally just giving up on it. The final release did fix a bunch of issues, but it was never very stable. qDslr on the other hand has been totally stable on both cameras so thanks for the great work.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Canon 6D MKII

Post by hubaiz »

What exactly does not work?
Both cameras using the same commands so if on one works it should work on the other to
tadrscin

Post by tadrscin »

I setup the custom bracketing as seen in the screen shot.
Custom Bracketing.jpg
Custom Bracketing.jpg (208.57 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
Instead of taking all 5 shots, it only takes three of them. It always takes the first one and then randomly takes 2 of the next 4. I made a movie of one and here's a link to that: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjpghm2wc8skb ... 0.mov?dl=0
It took one at 1/15, then 1/8 and the last one at 1(-2, -1 and +2).

I'm using the Android version on both a Lenovo Tab M8 and a Samsung Galaxy S9. It acts the same on both. I'm also using the TP Link MR3040, but I get the same results when connecting directly the camera's wifi. The 7D MKII always takes all 5 shots.

I did find an easy work around for the 6D MKII. If you set the camera to take bracketed shots, then you can use qDslr just as though you're taking a single shot and everything works fine. I still have full control of the camera through qDslr. Since the 6D MKII has two custom settings on the mode dial, I just saved one to do bracketed shots and I can switch to that one whenever I need to.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Before you connect the camera try enabling/disabling the 'Use Canon local storage' option.
Also try adding a small delay, just to see if it will complete all captures (like 2-5 sec)
tadrscin

Post by tadrscin »

Thanks for the reply. I tried both ideas and neither one worked. The delay didn't actually add any delay between shots no matter how long I set it to. I even tried 10 minutes just for the heck of it and no delay between shots. Same thing on the 7D MKII, although it still takes all 5 shots every time.