Has anyone used with a Nikon P900?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
sean

Has anyone used with a Nikon P900?

Post by sean »

Hi,

Has anyone used qDslrDashboard with a Nikon P900 yet? What works, if anything?

I cant find any references in the forum.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sean
Alastair_L

Re: Has anyone used with a Nikon P900?

Post by Alastair_L »

I'm also interested in the answer to this question. In particular can Zoom and Focus be controlled remotely in manually operation?
Alastair_L

Post by Alastair_L »

I'm also interested in the answer to this question.

In particular can DSLR Dashboard control zoom and focus with 'manual' adjustments i.e. not just turning AF ON and OFF?
gapperns

Post by gapperns »

I haven't been able to get the Nikon P900 to work with qDslrDashboard. I can connect to the camera's built-in wireless network, with either a desktop or iPad, but have no idea what port number to supply to qDslrDashboard to have it connect any further, if by chance it uses protocols compatible with the very limited Nikon WMU app.
gapperns

Post by gapperns »

I have been able to get qdslrdashboard version 3.5.3 to connect and control the P900. Connect your phone (iPhone in my case) to the P900's Wi-Fi network using the wifi settings on the phone. I helps if you've already used the Nikon WMU app to prove it works. With qdslrdashboard, use the Nikon Wi-Fi icon to connect, by using a long press to have the dialog show up. Use IP address 192.168.0.10 and port 15740. Live View doesn't appear to work for me. Capture does, as does the Interval Timer. It appears to be auto exposure only. Uses a fair amount of battery with the Wi-Fi running.