Can't get dashboard setup

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
bop

Can't get dashboard setup

Post by bop »

I'm using a android phone and a Nikon 5300. For what ever the reason, I had no problems setting it up and running with Nikon's MWU. I armed the Wi-Fi and it work's taking and viewing pictures. I don't have MWU installed, when trying dashboard.

I can't seem to find the way to set dashboard up. I arm the Nikon's Wi-Fi, then start dashboard and press the Nikon button, wait a bit. No matter whether I have the Nikon turned on or the Wi-Fi armed on the camera. I get the same error, can't find camera. Turned the mobile data off. I have it turn off, and nothing changes. I'm at a lost what to try next. With everything set as I believe it should be I still get, Turn the mobile data off, Can't find any setup help on the net. Any ideas?

Thanks
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Can't get dashboard setup

Post by hubaiz »

- enable wireless on your D5300
- connect your Android device wireless to the D5300 wireless
- start qDslrDashboard and press the 'Nikon wireless' button

* be sure that no other device is automatically connecting to the camera wireless
* be sure that no Nikon software is running in the background
* check that your Android device is not automatically changing the wireless AP if there is no internet on the current one
* eventually disable mobile data (you can enable it after connection is made)
* check your camera wireless IP (by default is 192.168.1.1) if you changed you can long press the 'Nikon wireless' button and enter the camera wireless IP
bop

Re: Can't get dashboard setup

Post by bop »

Thanks for the help!