qdslr dashboard under linux

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
earthshaker

qdslr dashboard under linux

Post by earthshaker »

I haven't used ubuntu in a while, but I downloaded qdslr dashboard anyway,after reading the read me, I tried to run the qdslrdashboard.sh nothing happened, obviously I didn't do something right, what do I need to do to make it run?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: qdslr dashboard under linux

Post by hubaiz »

Unpack the tar.gz archive as it is with keeping the folder structure.
earthshaker

Post by earthshaker »

Got it up and running, the computer sees the camera and can connect to it, but QdslrDashboard cannot connect, do I need QdslrDashboardserver?
I am running under Ubuntu 14.04LTS. I am not sure if I could compile anything. Just a real rookie
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Check that Ubuntu is not mounting the camera, if it does qDD can't access it.
earthshaker

Post by earthshaker »

How would I find that out?, I don't suppose there it is as simple as disconnecting the computer wifi from the camera...
earthshaker

Post by earthshaker »

Still having an issue with this, the software works great via usb, but I really want the WiFi to work
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

If using WiFi you need to connect to camera WiFi and that's it.
The only thing to remember is to set correct IP config or use DHCP.

While using wireless you cannot check if camera is connected because it is not direct connection with camera.
earthshaker

Post by earthshaker »

OK I just get the connection screen, and when I try to connect, it tries for a few seconds, then, I get "Failed to connect to Nikon wireless DSLR" and stops, it seems the program just can't see it, I am using a Nikon D5200 with the WU-1a/WU-1b device. I will make sure I use DHCP, I tried to manually set the correct IP using a long press and enter it in the dialog but it doesn't seem to "stick". I am pretty sure the adapter works. because I can connect and use my Android Tablet using DSLR Dashboard for that device, and control the camera. No issues there. Thanks I will keep trying.
earthshaker

Post by earthshaker »

I tried several times, I pretty much gave up on making it work, I will just have to shoot via usb