D5200/Unable to set shutter speeds

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
MarkinGR

D5200/Unable to set shutter speeds

Post by MarkinGR »

Goon Morning to All!

I recently began trying to use qdslrdashboard to shoot time lapses with my Nikon D5200. I flashed a tplink router with the custom software and have no issues connecting to my camera. In the field I have been running the app on my iPhone with little success. The issue that I'm having is related to the inability to control the shutter speed of my camera. As I write this post my Nikon is connected via USB to my iMac which is running Dashboard. Connection to the camera establishes without problem. Dashboard is running in "host" mode When I click on the "ISO" setting displayed in the lower left side of the Dashboard screen a popup is displayed and I'm able to control the camera's ISO settings fine. Same is true with WB. I however I am unable to control the shutter speed. If I click on the current camera shutter speed the expected popup appears. When I attempt to change shutter speeds via Dashboard nothing occurs or the camera goes to a shutter speed different than what was selected. As an example the current shutter speed setting is 20". Clicking on that displays the popup up. From that popup I selected 6" and the camera shutter speed changed to 25". The only change that works reliably is remotely changing the Nikon shutter speed to "bulb". If I select LRTimelapse mode the same thing happens the shutter speed can not be changed or it goes to some value other than what was selected. The "+" and "-" function bottoms directly under the "Auto Direction" function button do not work. If attempting to use Auto Holy Grail the camera shutter speed can not be ramped correctly and if it changes at all varies widely. I've looked through the documentation but I must be missing something. Any help would be appreciated!

- Mark -