Sony A7III - Has anyone managed to get this working?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
sebblach

Sony A7III - Has anyone managed to get this working?

Post by sebblach »

New user here, I've established a connection to the dslrdashboard app but screen goes grey whenever I try to shoot a frame. Has anyone actually managed to get this setup working? Would be great to chat to someone who is making this work.

Thanks in advance.
steinberger

Re: Sony A7III - Has anyone managed to get this working?

Post by steinberger »

Hi! Did you get it to work? I finally got mine to work fine with the app, glad to help!
photoenthu

Re: Sony A7III - Has anyone managed to get this working?

Post by photoenthu »

Hello - can you please help? I have installed Sony imaging edge mobile app on Android phone. After turning on smartphone control on the A7III and turning wi-fi on, then connecting the phone wi-fi to that, I am successfully able to use Imaging Edge. I am also able to connect using qdslrdashboard to the Sony A7III using wi-fi and I can change camera settings. But when I try to take a photo, the request does not go through. The focus assist lamp on the camera comes on but the actual photo is never taken and transferred to qdslrdashboard. On the other hand if I take a photo using the camera shutter, it does transfer the photo to qdslrdashboard.
steinberger wrote: 11 Apr 2022, 02:55 Hi! Did you get it to work? I finally got mine to work fine with the app, glad to help!