qDSLR crashed now won't restart?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Michael C

qDSLR crashed now won't restart?

Post by Michael C »

Can anyone suggest a solution here - set-up to do a time-lapse -tested the qdslr software in studio - seemed to work fine. now set-up on location and the program qdslr crashed now won't re-launch. I removed the dmg and downloaded it again but it still won't launch the program.
Does anyone have a suggestion for me. Perhaps I haven't completely removed associated files from the first install and they are corrupt?
Desperate to get this going here tonight…

My system…

Canon 5d MarkII
MacBook Pro
OSX 10.8.5
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: qDSLR crashed now won't restart?

Post by hubaiz »

In your user folder please delete the
~/.config/DslrDashboard
folder (this is where qDslrDashboard saves the settings - will be regenerated after start)
you best do this from a terminal screen with (note the 'dot' in front of config)
rm -rfv ~/.config/DslrDashboard/
Michael C

Post by Michael C »

Hi All & Hubaiz -

I reinstalled qDSLR and still have some trouble with the program not crashing. I did last night seem to have to working for 10 minutes or so but as I set up the time-lapse and activated the Holy Grail Button it worked for a short time then crashed again.

My system is a MacBook Pro, OS v10.8.5, Canon 5d MarkII connected to the Mac vis a usb. Also using Canon's external Intervalometer.

I noticed a few things...the usb button lights up when I click it but does not stay lit - is it supposed to stay lit indicating usb is activated? Then the screen that reveals the control buttons on the right of the screen that include the LR Timelapse Button only reveals itself once one image is shot on the camera?
Then once I'm connected and shooting the Holy Grail Button will not activate.

Not sure if these issues are helpful but I'd love to get this program working. Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

The USB button will not indicate that, you have a list of connected DSLR on left side.
Please check the manual available here: http://dslrdashboard.info/downloads/
What camera did you use?
What where the parameters used (shutter, iso, aperture, interval)?