Awesome feature: Ghost Image in Live View

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Ragnarsson

Awesome feature: Ghost Image in Live View

Post by Ragnarsson »

I recently installed the qDslrDashboard (version 0.3.4.2) on my LG G3 Android smart phone to connect with my Canon 600D (aka T3i) camera, in order to check out the feature of "ghost image".

For those who don't know, this feature allows for a semi-transparent image overlay. The main purpose of this is to accurately position the DSLR camera for "rephotography".

This feature was released on May 18th, 2015, but is not mentioned in the official qDslrDashboard manual v.1.1 which was released this very same day (May 18th, 2015).

The feature can be activated on qDslrDashboard via the following procedure:
1. Press the 1st [LV] in the upper leftcorner of the screen.
2. Press the 2nd [LV] in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Press the 3rd [LV] in the middle right of the screen.

This will display the "Select LV Ghost Image" dialog, allowing the user to select an image for the purpose of "ghost image".

However, the image selection seems to be limited to images present on your camera's card, and further restricted to only those images taken via qDslrDashboard.

My question is: Does anyone know if (and then how) it is possible to go beyond the limitation on images available to be ghosted? Meaning, how to select other images on the camera card, that were NOT taken via qDslrDashboard?

Respectfully,
Jonas Ingi Ragnarsson
Hornbjarg ehf, Reykjavik, Iceland
Prosberg

Re: Awesome feature: Ghost Image in Live View

Post by Prosberg »

Hi - I know this an old post, but is there a solution to this? I just bought the app, but I can't overlay any local images, for example stored on a SD card. Thanks.