0.2.9 on opensuse 13.2: error while loading shared libraries

qDslrDashbord error reports
Hans

0.2.9 on opensuse 13.2: error while loading shared libraries

Post by Hans »

Hi,

After extracting 0.2.9 on opensuse 13.2 I got the following error:

: error while loading shared libraries: libavcodec.so.54: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I do have .55 and .56, but cannot find a .54. So I tried creating a link with .54 to .56. The new error message was:

: error while loading shared libraries: libavformat.so.54: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I created a link to .56 for that one, too. But starting still fails, now with the messages:

/usr/share/qDslrDashboard/qDslrDashboard: /usr/lib/libavformat.so.54: version `LIBAVFORMAT_54' not found (required by /usr/share/qDslrDashboard/Qt_Libraries/libopencv_videoio.so.3.0)
/usr/share/qDslrDashboard/qDslrDashboard: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.54: version `LIBAVCODEC_54' not found (required by /usr/share/qDslrDashboard/Qt_Libraries/libopencv_videoio.so.3.0)

Workaround:

Installing .54 files from opensuse build service:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/bina ... nSUSE_13.2

Regards,
Hans
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: 0.2.9 on opensuse 13.2: error while loading shared libraries

Post by hubaiz »

Do you use the x64 or x86 one?
I installed the ffmpeg libraries and OpenCV picked them up and on Linux Mint the .54 is the latest one.
If you can't resolve it let me know and will see to rebuild OpenCV without ffmpeg.
Hans

Post by Hans »

I tried using my old 32 bit, x86 version. I'll try the 64 bit version later, when I'm back on my Macbook.

Workaround included, see my 1st post. The opensuse build service has .54 files (link included in the workaround part). qDslrDashboard works fine after installing the 2 rpms. But not everybody knows about finding and using rpms on build service. Yast does not show them, and I already have quite some additional repositories in there.

Regards,
Hans
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Thanks for the info, I'm not familiar with OpenSuse.
Will see to remove the ffmpeg dependency for next version as I don't need or use it in qDD, I only did some tests and when I built OpenCV 3.0 it picked up.