How to repeat a sky stack "n" times after a delay between repeats

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
efg2

How to repeat a sky stack "n" times after a delay between repeats

Post by efg2 »

For the 2024 eclipse, I want to create a sky stack to run during totality. My base sky stack explores 6 exposure times for 5 ISO values = 30 images. This takes about 35 seconds on my Z6ii (local camera storage, no views). So, I want to repeat this 30 image stack 8 times (maybe 10) to cover all of totality -- and maybe a bit before an after.

I've figured out how to interpret the dslrdashboard profiles.dat file and find the names of each of the sky stack profiles. I just want to repeat the whole base sky stack "n" times, possibly with a delay between repeats. It seems like this would be quite simple to implement.

Now, I have to edit the profiles.dat, sort through all the strange GUIDs that confuse the profile names, and manually edit the profiles with {GUID}.dat as names . It's relatively easy to create a stub profile, and double its contents -- fixing all the ascending index values manually. If I double the 30 base images three times, I have a new profile for 240 images that runs in about 4:38 -- roughly the time of totality. I'd don't really trust myself to do all this manual editing.

An option to run my base 30 image sky stack script 8 to 10 times, with no delay -- or some delay -- between, seems like that would be a simple approach that might have other applications.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: How to repeat a sky stack "n" times after a delay between repeats

Post by hubaiz »

Currently there is no option for this. :(