Focus stacking with mirror up and time for flash to power up

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
jonr55

Focus stacking with mirror up and time for flash to power up

Post by jonr55 »

Hi all.
I'm using qDslr mostly for focus stacking, and have been looking for the following work sequence when I start a shooting sequence:
1. Mirror up
2. Specified delay in seconds for flash to load
3. Shoot.

I thought I could use the capture delay button to the left, but it does not introduce delays in between exposures, only before the sequence is starting. It also seems like MUp is not working, but not quite sure. Can anyone confirm this?
Any hints? or should this be a new function request?
Both MUp and flash recycle time should be quite essential for macro focus stacking.
/JonR
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Focus stacking with mirror up and time for flash to power up

Post by hubaiz »

Mirror up only works with Canon. For Nikon the camera 'Capture delay' property should be used.
On Canon mirror up is only working if live view is not activated (this is a camera limitation).
jonr55

Post by jonr55 »

I'm using Nikon D7000, so that explains the MUp. The capture delay in camera only gives me prox. one sec., which is not enough for flash recycling, i.e. I understand that there is no solution to this in qDslr. This should be possible to include?
/JonR.
daviddowns2000

Post by daviddowns2000 »

jonr55 wrote:I'm using Nikon D7000, so that explains the MUp. The capture delay in camera only gives me prox. one sec., which is not enough for flash recycling, i.e. I understand that there is no solution to this in qDslr. This should be possible to include?
/JonR.
qDSLR is a wonderful app, many thanks to the developer for making this available. I also would like to be able to specify the time interval between exposures in the focus stack or, even better, to be able to advance the individual exposures manually on my Nikon D600.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

The V0.2.9 that I release has a delay option for focus stacking now.
jonr55

Post by jonr55 »

Thanks a lot!!! This was really highly appreciated..