lrtimelaps stops with USB on canon 1100d

qDslrDashbord error reports
fanne

Re: lrtimelaps stops with USB on canon 1100d and 70d

Post by fanne »

Hello again,

Last weeks I've had enough time to test lrtimelaps mode again. Here are my results:
Testing version 2.07 with Canon 70d conected to lenovo a7-40 with usb and an external timer, screen always on, interval 7sec, slowest shutterspeed 1sec. The program only worked till the end by touching the screen from time to time. Otherwise it stops and lrtimelaps (sometimes the app, too) was closed.
Testing version 2.09 with Canon 1100d with USB-OTG and the internal timer, screen not (!) always on, interval 30sec, shutterspeed max. 1/40sec. App stops after 68frames and the start screen was shown.
So far...
questions? solutions?

cheers,
fanne
frank99

Re: lrtimelaps stops with USB on canon 1100d

Post by frank99 »

Hi, I’m using qdslrdashboard on a Samsung s5 android 5.0 phone with a Nikon d5100. The d5100 is connected to the phone by a USB OTG cable.

I have a little problem in that the d5100 stops reacting to the phone after some 1- 1.5 hour of interval sequences. The intervalometer in qddb keeps counting the frames, but the d5100 does not react and the qdddb app hangs.

The d5100 info screen is normally empty during the sequence but shows ‘connecting to pc’ when it stops responding.I have keep screen on.

This indicates a problem in the usb connection.
The d5100 stops independent of the timer used, LRTimelapse or intervalometer, makes no difference.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Currently I'm reworking the core parts of qDD that will solve these crashes.
fanne

Post by fanne »

Understand!
good luck!
jigsaw

Post by jigsaw »

I have encountered a similar problem with my EOS 100D. I was shooting a sunset timelapse and the tablet triggered the camera as suspected even when i turned off the screen of the tablet. But then after approx. 5min the camera stopped shooting and when i switched the tablet back on, the app was in its home screen. As i checked the "auto connect to camera" option, shortly after the app connected with the camera and i had to setup the settings of my timelapse again. This problem occurred several times (and messed up my timelapse :( )

I'm using a Nexus 10 with Android 5.1.1, v0.2.9 of qDSLRdashboard and a USB connection with an OTG cable.
I was using the LRTimelapse mode, shooting a Holy Grail sunset with a longest shutter speed of 4 s and and interval of 7 s.