Using remote shutter release on Liveview mode

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
catchlights

Using remote shutter release on Liveview mode

Post by catchlights »

I have been using DslrDashboard on Nexus 10 tablet to shoot timelapse with D700, and it is awesome app.
lately I want to try doing some self portrait with D800 and using DslrDashboard liveview on Nexus 10 tablet and Samsung S3, so I try connect intervalometer to the D800 and notice that not able to trigger camera when the DslrDashboard liveview is on, the same thing happen when using a wireless shutter release connected to the D800.

and upon doing searching this forum, can not find any solution for this, but came across the qDslrDashboard, after installed it, notice it is also the same, not able to trigger camera using intervalometer and wireless shutter release when the qDslrDashboard liveview mode is ON.

like to confirm that, when the liveview mode is ON, either on qDslrDashboard or DslrDashboard, the only way to trigger the camera is from the Apps itself?

btw, the qDslrDashboard is not able to detect my D800 on my Samsung S3, and the liveview is super laggy on my Nexus 10 tablet, no issue with the DslrDashboard, will do more tests on the qDslrDashboard before using it to shoot timelapse on the field.

thanks again for the awesome apps.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Using remote shutter release on Liveview mode

Post by hubaiz »

Yes, if live view is enabled (or host mode enabled) the only way to trigger the capture is with the qDD capture button.
This is a camera limitation not an application one.
catchlights

Re: Using remote shutter release on Liveview mode

Post by catchlights »

I see, thanks for clarification. :-)
I guess I will have to use a field monitor for this.