Sony + TP-Link

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
FrankDoorhof

Sony + TP-Link

Post by FrankDoorhof »

I hope/think this should be possible.

Seeing the Sony remote software has a bug that the EVF stays dark with the A7RII but further more it works flawless in QDSLR, I have to add I'm actually only interested in getting the jpgs in. I was thinking about the following.

I have a TP-link here and flashed it with OpenWRT and the DDserver, the Sony however keeps communicating that it's connecting so nothing happens.
Wouldn't it be possible to add support for Sony for just getting JPGs in, not everyone is interested in live view or settings, me for example only care about seeing my images and even a 2-3 mp preview would be more than enough (the RAWs are on the card when I need them later).

I'm mostly teaching workshops and on location it would be great to shoot wirelessly and the students only need to see a preview.`
Seeing you already have the sony working would it be possible to also adjust the DDserver so it accepts Sony ?

Thanks in advance.
GonzoG

Re: Sony + TP-Link

Post by GonzoG »

DDserver works with any camera. It is just a "translator" between WiFi and USB.
It is Sony that doesn't have open API for USB remote control and cannot be controlled this way.
FrankDoorhof

Post by FrankDoorhof »

The weird thing is that it tethers in capture one via USB including liveview, DNA software has a plugin for Lightroom, sony has a USB tether solution so it's not a "secret" protocol.

I sometimes get the feeling that because it's a sony less attention is given to it. But I could be wrong. It's just weird that it always comes but much later.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

That Sony or other software has tether solution doesn't meat that it isn't secret.
Sony only released API for WiFi connection not USB and MR3040 uses USB connection.
FrankDoorhof

Post by FrankDoorhof »

Isn't there a way via DNA software or capture one ?