Save / load custom settings

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
Niko

Save / load custom settings

Post by Niko »

Hi,

first of all, thanks to the maker(s) of the great piece of software!

I switched from an old version (from 2013 without the "q" -> btw there's no version / author info anywhere?) to the actual version 9.1 on my android (ARM) phone. Really like the new interface, the addition of functions and the quick review. All great!

But: what I really loved was the ability to save and load custom settings in the old version, which would load ALL settings like ISO, FNumber, Bracketing and so on (or at least those mentioned). Can't find this option on the new version, only to load custom bracketing.. may make sense in some way too, but I set up my camera for specific purposes and need to keep the values all set the same..

Any help how to achieve this is greatly appreciated ;)

As a kind of feature request if not existing - maybe a way of selecting which parts should be saved (little checkboxes with ISO and so on..)
Niko

Re: Save / load custom settings

Post by Niko »

No one?
I'd be really happy about a response. :) :)

Maybe I'm to blind to see or find it.

I'm actually using my camera a lot for spherical hdr panoramas and like to keep certain settings set a the same.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Hey,

I guess I already bumped this, still hoping there IS an option to save / load custom settings which I just couldn't find until now..
But seems like it has not been moderated yet or hasnt been approved.

If it's not possible, a quick "no" or "not yet" is sufficient ;)

Right now I have to stick to the ancient DD and I'd really like to switch over to qDD.

Thanks in advance
Niko
Niko

Post by Niko »

Hm, too bad I did not get a response..

So I guess I just stick to the old version.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I was just up to use (q)DD for some shots and realized that the former version DD 0.30.33 (or sth.) does not work properly with my phone after upgrade to Android 5.1 anymore. I guess I'll start another thread just to verify this as I'm not 100% sure, maybe it's just my phone.

So anyways, seems like I have to dig out and bring up this thread once again, hoping someone will agree or tell me it's there already and I'm just to blind to see.

My purpose is that I have to take pictures with several different bracketing modes repetitively - different ones for high range HDR spherical images, others with less diverse range, some with jpg only, some with raw, sometimes with a normal lens, sometimes with a 10mm.

Setting up those parameters each time is really tedious and not really practicable..

Actually if I have to I will as there is no other alternative, but I'd be really greatful IF it would be possible somehow.

I'd appreciate any helpful guess :)

Niko

PS: Btw. the actual version seems kind of a little buggy compared with the former version of qDD I had installed - which worked flawlessly. Anyone can confirm that might being an issue with Android 5.1 or specially with Sony Xperia M2?
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

There is no save/load function in qDD.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Hi GonzoG,

thanks for your quick reply and clarification.

Doesnt seem to be a number one feature request though, strange enough..

Too bad :/