Kindle Fire HDX to Canon 5D Mklll

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
BillWYellowstone

Kindle Fire HDX to Canon 5D Mklll

Post by BillWYellowstone »

I tried before but maybe awaiting mod approval?

All connected but does not appear to see camera.
GonzoG

Re: Kindle Fire HDX to Canon 5D Mklll

Post by GonzoG »

Kindle Fire HDX does not have USB-OTG. You can connect only with WiFi.
BillWYellowstone

I now have wifi, set up the 4030. Must have another setting or tow to go. Downloaded and installed all the flash. Set the switch to AP. I can see the router from my Kindle but does not see the camera. I have through tether tools cable from camera to a usb, usb to the 4030.
BillWYellowstone

Running, now to learn the app.

One point I did not notice until I fell into it is the Canon button is only for wifi enabled Canon cameras, need to use network icon to connect.
BillWYellowstone

I was getting a connect for a bit, tried both cam bodies, the 5D Mklll and the 50D. Could go from one to the other, no problem. Then next day and since then, can't get to camera at all.

Perplexing complex issue outght to be a little more simplex for me. Drat.
BillWYellowstone

Bump.

The USB led will come on and sometimes just blink off. I tested my cables to my PC with the Canon utility and it tests fine. My Kindle Fire HDX connects fine with the TP-Link. However, I can only get the camera to connect intermittently. Last time it seemed to be working just fine, then just went off. No amount of messing with things would reconnect. I have set it down for the past week, hoping for some clues and tackling other crazy issues with my VW Van. (solved those, I am not completely hopeless)

I have gone through the manual a number of times looking for something I may have missed.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

It looks like there is something wrong with your router and it cannot keep USB connection.

But that cable works with PC doesn't mean that it is OK. Had similar issue - MR3040 was dropping connection with camera (USB LED on router went off) after a minute or less. USB cable was the problem even though this cable is still working perfect with laptop and PC.
BillWYellowstone

Must be either a bad router or bad settings, will try again when I can get back to it. I even stopped in at Tether Tools and tried other cables. Reeady to try the Case product. Will give it a little more on chances, but dang ready to shoot te little box.

I have watched the video, so far as my old eyes and brain say I have it all correct, I have tried defaulting and starting over, to no permanent avail.

Has to be a more bulletpproof solution short of CamRanger.

Anyone want to buy an extra router?