V0.3.2 - Sony A7II and A7RII - connection

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
virtuallygrey

V0.3.2 - Sony A7II and A7RII - connection

Post by virtuallygrey »

Hello everyone - new member here. I bought qDD v 0.3.2 from the app store a few days ago and, after some trial and error, successfully connected with my Sony A7II, as did a friend who has an A7RII. But we both have the same issue. My A7II will connect to both my iPad3 and iPhone6 (not at the same time). But, the connection is very hit and miss to establish. It seems most of the time I have to continuously touch the Sony button for say 30 seconds or more and sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. Try again, and maybe it connects, maybe not. I do usually manage to establish the connection after a few attempts but it is very unreliable. So far I've not really explored much of the functionality, and am reluctant to do so until I can reliably connect. Any thoughts or comments would be gratefully received. Thanks.
virtuallygrey

Re: V0.3.2 - Sony A7II and A7RII - connection

Post by virtuallygrey »

Just noticed v0.3.3 in app store with Sony Wireless fix. Just installed and tried. Much better. On iPad3 and iPhone6 (both on latest IOS) both will now connect reliably(?) with two short taps on the Sony button.