New IOS version 0.3.3 Crashes will not load ! Blows out !

qDslrDashbord error reports
cathy

Re: New IOS version 0.3.2 Crashes will not load ! Blows out !

Post by cathy »

Hi they have made a fix and should be on the Apple Store in a few days I would expect .
If you switch the lens to manual does Qdslrdashboard start ?
Last edited by cathy on 25 Nov 2015, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
ScottLewis

Post by ScottLewis »

I tried 0.3.2 and still get crashing when the lens is set for auto focus on my Canon T2i with iPad 3 running iOS 9.1.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Hi there,
I am new to qDslrDashboard. Just loaded it today, using it with a Canon 6D in direct WiFi mode with an iPad 2 with iOS 9.1. Unfortunately App does not work at all. It either does not connect to camera or when it eventually connects it crashes when clicking on LiveView.
Anything I could do? I assume it should work in this configuration, I don't see anything special.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

just found the hint from Cathy to set lens to Manual Focus. Now it does not crash anymore. However first connection sometimes fails.
cathy

Re: New IOS version 0.3.3 Crashes will not load ! Blows out !

Post by cathy »

I just got 0.3.3 from the App Store and Well don't hold much faith in the Next version from the App Store it is still broken as well .
The app starts ok hit the screen to focus it will focus now but tap the iPad screen to refocus on a different area and the app crashes and blows out !
if you have the lens set to auto focus change the focus point and it blows out .....WTF waited 3 mths for this fix ......measure twice cut once didn't apply here need this fixed now and a new version on the app store !

Canon 5D mark 2 and MR-3040 4th gen iPad
Same results on the iPhone 4s

Also movie recording won't record if you are in manual mode on the camera only in Auto mode on the camera ....no recording saved to iPad as well .

When will all this be fixed ? Don't you test all this first before uploading to Apple ?

So yet another 14 plus days before the next version on the Apple App Store !

Also on the android version no movie recording in manual mode only works in camera auto mode VERSION 0.3.2 ( The FREE version ).......

On another note to those people with magic lantern on their cameras don't run magic lantern as you will get funky results and lock ups I always test with a clean memory card with no magic lantern on it .

Some more testing 70d does not have a problem on 0.3.2 on PC 64 bit for video recording while in manual mode auto focus is good also ...a quirk but sometimes you click on the AF button it will bring up the ISO range for you to select a ISO ???? Whats going on there while connected to the mr-3040 .also in auto and can download and watch it .

Canon 5D Mark 2 won't record in manual mode on PC either !

Now go to android with the 70D and the Mr-3040 connected it will record in manual or auto camera mode but can download the movie but nothing happens and some weird graphics problem comes up the player comes up to play the movie but nothing happens .......Samsung galaxy note 2014 kitkat .there are some problems to fix Qdslrdashboard ver 0.3.2 android.
TheRealDJ

Post by TheRealDJ »

Nikon D5200 (Firmware 1.00)
WU-1a wifi dongle
Ipad Mini 3 (IOS 9.1) and iPhone 6 (IOS 9.1)
QDSLR 0.3.3

Having the same issues as many here. For me, the LiveView cuts out and hangs after about 30 seconds and a couple of re-focus points.
The Wi-Fi signal seems to drop and try to reconnect (the red light on the the WU-1a module starts to flash after it hangs)
Have tried: different lenses (Tamron, Sigma, Nikon), different batteries, and using Ipad vs IPhone to isolate the problem.
Same issue each time.

The only way the app will work is *without* LiveView enabled.
In Camera mode, all functions work perfectly and the app does not hang at all.

At this point, I'm echoing the same sentiments as others on the baord--it seems that the updated version of the app causing the problem.
Please advise!
cathy

Post by cathy »

I connected my iPad to my PC running the latest version of ITunes and then found a video file that come off my 5D Mark 2 I wanted to copy it but iTunes said it will not play on my iPad and would not copy it to the iPad ......But it would let me home share the video and allow me to play it on the 4Th Gen iPad with a lightning cable attached to the iPad to Pc ...so I waiting on a cable to turn up so I an connect it to the iPad and the other end to my Canon 5D mark 2 and try to copy the file over that way if it will let me .

Has anybody got a lightning to usb camera connection kit to try this ?

The file I had on the Pc was from the canon 5D mark 2 1080p x24fps and through iTunes share it and it worked let's hope when I get my cable it will work .....I spoke to Apple the other day and they said to me it should play now as from iOS 9.2
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

I've never had a ishit device, and I know that what you wrote is full of crap.

1. Home sharing doesn't mean that you can play it on device
2. Apple always feed you bullshit
3. You won't be able to play QuickTime video on iOS. Not now, not in the near future.

PS. Home sharing is based on streaming, so it can play any format supported by you computer.
cathy

Post by cathy »

So you are saying that the 5d mark 2 video file that was on my pc was getting streamed to my iPad so I could watch it ?
Well I don't know what Apple is on about when they said you can import pictures and video from your camera with the new lightning camera kit ....that's what is in the new ios 9.2 so they must be dreaming then .
And by the way Apple is full of crap for telling me that !
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

cathy wrote:So you are saying that the 5d mark 2 video file that was on my pc was getting streamed to my iPad so I could watch it ?
Well I don't know what Apple is on about when they said you can import pictures and video from your camera with the new lightning camera kit ....that's what is in the new ios 9.2 so they must be dreaming then .
And by the way Apple is full of crap for telling me that !
There's nothing new. They just gracefully allow to use adaptor with iPhones. With iPads you can use it since they are equipped with lightning connector.