no cable connect D7100 win10 V0.3.3

qDslrDashbord error reports
iddo

no cable connect D7100 win10 V0.3.3

Post by iddo »

Hi,
We recently upgraded to ver 0.3.3 and it seems that the option to work with a USB cable from our laptop (WIN 10) to our D7100 isn't working any more.
Using the wireless dongle it does work.

Any ideas what is going on?

Iddo
mexican

Re: no cable connect D7100 win10 V0.3.3

Post by mexican »

have you installed the winusb driver?
iddo

Post by iddo »

Well after re-installing the driver + restart it is now working again.
m... strange the only change I made was a move to win 10 and the new version of DSLRdashboard.
The driver was installed before and it did work on win 8.1 - do you think that a move to win 10 removed the driver?
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

Ofcurse it removed driver. After upgrading system reverts to default drivers.
iddo

Post by iddo »

Got it.

One more thing - I ran into an issue with the D7100 - it is a strange one (this isn't new but still very annoying).
Every so often when I use the software (no matter if connected with USB or wirelessly) sound coming to the camera using the mic input (I record with an external recorder and feed the audio back into the camera) - stops working.

The only solution is to disconnect the USB (or the wireless dongle) turn on the video live view and see that the sound is working again and than reconnect the USB or dongle and try again and usually it gets fixed. However this can happen quite often.

Any ideas why and if there is a way to prevent this from ever happening (with the wireless connector it is really annoying as you need to reconnect to the dongle and it takes time).
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

iddo wrote:Got it.

One more thing - I ran into an issue with the D7100 - it is a strange one (this isn't new but still very annoying).
Every so often when I use the software (no matter if connected with USB or wirelessly) sound coming to the camera using the mic input (I record with an external recorder and feed the audio back into the camera) - stops working.

The only solution is to disconnect the USB (or the wireless dongle) turn on the video live view and see that the sound is working again and than reconnect the USB or dongle and try again and usually it gets fixed. However this can happen quite often.

Any ideas why and if there is a way to prevent this from ever happening (with the wireless connector it is really annoying as you need to reconnect to the dongle and it takes time).
I think that with this issue you have to go to Nikon. It looks like camera firmware problem.
iddo

Post by iddo »

I updated the firmware at least once on my D7100.
Nobody else encountered this issue?

There is very little chance Nikon will help (as the editor of LensVid I work with them all the time) - this happens only with DSLRDashboard and it isn't a supported software - so I don't see them doing anything about that.
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

If you have to disconnect USB from camera that the problem is in camera.
Its software hang.

You saying that it happens only with qDD but have you used other software to record video using WiFi dongle??

I've never encountered this issue with D7000 nor D5200.