suggestion/requests for video mode/live view

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
tiboine

suggestion/requests for video mode/live view

Post by tiboine »

I am experimenting in using the app as a monitor for filming. But I have some issues with it.

-The camera buttons doesn't work in live view/host mode. mainly the record and autofocus buttons. is it possible to have them active?
- hide UI when recording.
- zebra stripes would be awesome!
- there's a little bit of lag in live view. Is it possible to lower the quality on the video feed to gain smoother live view?
-touch to focus? especially nice when recording.
-add functionality to volume keys on android. to for example start/stop record and focus? programmable buttons would be nice.
GonzoG

Re: suggestion/requests for video mode/live view

Post by GonzoG »

tiboine wrote: -touch to focus? especially nice when recording.
Why won't you turn it on in settings ?? (AF after focus point change)
tiboine wrote:-The camera buttons doesn't work in live view/host mode. mainly the record and autofocus buttons. is it possible to have them active?
Cannot be done. This is how your camera works.
tiboine wrote: - zebra stripes would be awesome!
It would be also useless. Camera sends highly compressed low resolution video. Marking blown highlights would be very unreliable.

tiboine wrote: - there's a little bit of lag in live view. Is it possible to lower the quality on the video feed to gain smoother live view?
Cannot totaly remove delay/lag. Video stream and processing must take some time.
HDMI has similar lag - tested Nikons D5200 and D610 on qDD and HDMI monitor and I couldn't see any difference in delay.
And I use Lenovo A7600 - year old budget 10" tablet.

But when you turn on displaying some filters like focus peaking in qDD - there will be serious delay and frame rate drop.
tiboine

Post by tiboine »

Why won't you turn it on in settings ?? (AF after focus point change)
ah nice. Forgot about that one.

So it isn't possible to use the app as just a "image receiver"? kinda like hdmi out.

But using the volume keys on the phone would be really nice. I know that it is possible. :)
zcream

Post by zcream »

Does AF during video work for Nikon D5200 ? If not, which cameras does it work for ?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

zcream wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 12:55 Does AF during video work for Nikon D5200 ? If not, which cameras does it work for ?
Not sure what you mean. The AF always work. How it works it depends on your settings.
TimDenis

Post by TimDenis »

- zebra stripes would be awesome!
It would be also useless. Camera sends highly compressed low resolution video. Marking blown highlights would be very unreliable.
well, depends on how this is implemented I guess. Zebras should be triggered by a level that can be set. (not defaulting to 255). This way one could get a pretty good idea of overexposure.

A related request: Show multiple filters on top of each other. That way zebras and focus peaking could be combined... Would be a killer combo! :-)
ekkdop

Post by ekkdop »

Generally, for sunset photography, your camera's aperture should be somewhere in the middle range. One thing to look for in a camera for sunset photos is a high dynamic range. A typical sunset shot will have bright and dark areas. Best Camera Settings for Sunset Photography