Nexus 7 2013 - Canon 5D2 - OTG Usb - qdslrdashboard crash

qDslrDashbord error reports
RickylocaTL

Nexus 7 2013 - Canon 5D2 - OTG Usb - qdslrdashboard crash

Post by RickylocaTL »

Hi guys,

I've recently bought myself a Nexus 7 2013 and Usb Otg to connect it to my Canon 5D2, I was very happy because it connected straight away and I could give a first look at the dashboard which looks amazing! Unfotunately I've realized that the dashboard keeps on disconnect at irregular intervals and I can't understand why. Usb and Otg are well plugged and everything on my tablet is updated at the last version...am I missing something?
It's weird because sometimes it works very well, I set the camera then start a timelapse but after a while it crashes! Then I try again and it doesn't work. I wait 10 minutes try to connect it and it seems to work just to fail again after a while. I'm getting frustrated because I don't understand what's going on!
Any ideas guys?

Thanks for the help!

Ricky
RickylocaTL

Re: Nexus 7 2013 - Canon 5D2 - OTG Usb - qdslrdashboard crash

Post by RickylocaTL »

A couple of extra info: my tablet is not rooted, and yesterday I've installed Dslr Controller which worked like a charm, no bugs, no crashes and everything is smooth which leads me to think it's an app problem rather than OTG?
Is it possible?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

Can you detect any pattern in the crash?
Do you use the native Android USB connection (you can change in qDD settings prior to connection)?
RickylocaTL

Post by RickylocaTL »

I've noticed that it crashes mostrly after it crashes the first time. I mean, maybe it works well for a while but after it fails once then it just keeps on failing and hard to reconnect. I've also noticed that it happens more often while I'm outdoor. The first mini test I did in my livingroom appeared to be ok, when I then went for a sunset outside it started failing in a matter of minutes. I haven't used any original Android Usb but i've tried like 4 different cables and all work well with other app! What do you mean that I can change QDD settings prior to connection?
RickylocaTL

Post by RickylocaTL »

Just gave it another try...the app crashed before I could make any change to the settings.
Straight after I made a test with dslr controller and worked perfectly..
Damn, I need this auto bulb ramping in QDD so badly! =)
RickylocaTL

Post by RickylocaTL »

Any ideas guys?
hubaiz
Site Admin

Post by hubaiz »

After you start qDslrDashboard before connected to camera you can change the Android USB connection mode in qDslrDashboard settings (Use Android native USB)
Please try both