Samsung tab S2 - Nikon D750

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
vdemos

Samsung tab S2 - Nikon D750

Post by vdemos »

Hi guys, I just purchased dSLR Dashboard and I am trying to connect it with my camera. I am using an otg usb cable, dashboard v0.3.4.2. I connect my camera threw the cable, open the app but nothing happens. is is stuck in this screen http://snag.gy/L9R55.jpg
any ideas with what I should do?

when I connect threw wifi mode on my camere the app is working.
hubaiz
Site Admin

Re: Samsung tab S2 - Nikon D750

Post by hubaiz »

Do you get a dialog with list of application when you connect and turn on your DSLR with USB?
GonzoG

Re: Samsung tab S2 - Nikon D750

Post by GonzoG »

Some Samsung's tablets have limited USB host functionality. Flash drives, keyboards, mouses, etc will work but devices that weren't "approved" by Samsung won't work.

Also there are some bugs in Samsung system that prevent apps from connecting to some devices.

You can check if tables has full USB host functionality in apps like "USB device Info".
There are two tabs under which you will see connected and identified camera. If you see camera only in one tab than your tablet has limited host functionality and qDD won't work with USB connection.

Also after connecting camera to tablet you should see a popup window with question which application should have access to connected device (if you haven't already set any as default app).
But if you have set any app to be used as default than this app might connect to camera and no other app will be able to connect.