Nikon Coolpix A compability

qDslrDashboard feature request, ideas
Yossik

Nikon Coolpix A compability

Post by Yossik »

Hi,

I've tested Nikon Coolpix A + WU-1a with both (Google Play and new beta version) and sadly the liveview and capture button don't respond. Just a black screen. It's a shame because everything else seem to be working properly (Lens opens when hit the liveview, Af light trigger when press AF button, Images from camera are accessible in app etc.)

My question is whether it is possible to operate NIkon Coolpix A with this app. I will gladly provide any assistance (logs etc.) to developer. I will be more than happy to buy paid version or donate for this awesome app but right now I'm stuck with Nikons default shi*y app :(

BTW the new GUI in beta is awesome...clean and nice...good job!!!
CoolpixKami

Re: Nikon Coolpix A compability

Post by CoolpixKami »

Any reply on this?

I believe either the creator or a fan of this app advertised it on a coolpix a forum (dpreview maybe) and that's what got me to buy it.
doctae

Post by doctae »

I just bought this app. I can connect to the camera, trigger the autofocus assist light, but have no live view. The screen is black. Cannot trigger the shutter. And it crashes a lot.
I would love to get this working on my Coolpix A
Gremo68

Post by Gremo68 »

I have the same problem no live view on coolpix a with wu-1a
GonzoG

Post by GonzoG »

And you will have those problems.
There is no API for coolpix cameras so no commands for those cameras. Only universal commands might work (LV is not part of those) and only if Nikon hasn't changed them in this camera.