how to utilize WISP client mode while connected to camera?

Open discussion about photography, qDslrDashboard
wenseleydale

how to utilize WISP client mode while connected to camera?

Post by wenseleydale »

Hi DSLR Dashboard forum!

I'm new here but just recently figured out DSLR Dashboard and absolutely love it. The instructions of flashing the firmware on my TPLink MR3040 were very simple and it works great. I'm testing this whole system using the AP mode so my Nikon DSLR sends the low res pics to my Macbook Pro.

I've been using a DLink 510L to connect my Canon 5D Mk ii to my laptop and it is extremely reliable since Canon's software is really stable. The only problem is that Canon's flash system absolutely sucks (I'm using it for events) which is why I'm switching to Nikon. Unfortunately, Nikon doesn't allow such simple connection without buying their highest end camera. THus my venture into DSLR Dashboard.

My question is this: is there a way to connect to an existing wifi network that is connected to the internet (WISP client router feature) while the connection between the camera and laptop are still functioning? Or should I connect my Macbook to another router via ethernet using my DLink 510L? I've been searching for instructions on the web to utilize the WISP client mode while running DSLR Dashboard and I haven't found a thing.

I ask this because part of my event work is that I have ipads that look at the picture folder on my Macbook. People can select and share those images on social media. But I have to be connected to the internet in order to enable this. So far it works perfectly with my Canon, their WFT transmitter and a DLink 510L but I'd really like it to work with DSLR dashboard. Thanks and I appreciate you taking the time to read all the way through this!

Wesley
MacMac

Re: how to utilize WISP client mode while connected to camera?

Post by MacMac »

I have the same question...the menu of qdslrdashboard has a Facebook and other selections that require Internet. Can the router be configured to work with other wifi that is connected to the Internet?
MacMac

Re: how to utilize WISP client mode while connected to camera?

Post by MacMac »

I have the same question. The dashboard has a social network menu (ex. Facebook). How can I connect to the Internet to make post while using the dashboard?